Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

5 a.m. emails

Twice I have recieved emails at 5 a.m. Twice these emails have forever changed my life.

I received an email in early August. My application to Royal Holloway University of London had moved on to the interview phase. I could be leaving the country. I remember how excited and scared I felt. I had given up on obtaining entry to the program. In the week and a half before the interview, I prayed and contemplated my future. After the interview concluded, I knew I was going to get an offer and I knew I was going to accept.

On Friday September 21 I received an email on at 5 a.m. in the morning. It was the missing piece of my visa application. In the 24 hours that followed, I sent in the form to the visa agency, received my visa, booked my flight for the following day, picked up my visa and prepared to leave the country.

As of Sunday morning, I now live in the United Kingdom.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to Europe! Hope this stage of your life if thrilling and fulfilling. Karen

    ReplyDelete